Dear JO ANN: How Can I Pay for My Child’s Figure Skating Dream?
Today I received the following letter from a very concerned ice skating parent:
Dear Jo Ann: I have a 13 year old daughter who has a true passion for skating. She has experienced some negative situations at her rink and skating club, but has never given up. In addition, she is quite a talented skater who learns quickly and can do double jumps, but is behind in some areas. She may have been kept behind by certain coaches who favored other skaters.
For over a year, my daughter asked to learn the double Axel, but the coaches refused, so I decided to offer my child the possibility of accomplishing her wish to learn the double Axel and I contacted another rink, coach, and club. Then, we made a training rink and coaching change. The change seemed to be a good decision, since after two lessons, my daughter began to land double Axels!
- Figure Skating Travel Woes: My Memories of a Bad Experience With United Airlines: December, 2008
- Opinion: I Am Not Sure I Like Quadruple Figure Skating Jumps
- Opinion: Ice Dancing Certainly Was Not/Is Not “Fixed” at the 2017 World Figure Skating Championships
- A Funny Figure Skating Memory: My Skating Partner’s Wig Fell Off In Competition!
- Practice List for Beginning Ice Skaters
- Ice Skating Pants, Skirts, and Jackets By Skating Designs
- JO ANN’s Figure Skating Tips 101: How to Do an Outside Eight On Ice Skates
- JO ANN’s Figure Skating Tips 101: How to Do a Camel Spin
- A List of the Indoor Ice Skating Rinks in Southern California
- Nathan Chen Was Amazing at the 2017 US Figure Skating Championships!
- The Queens of Figure Skating Only Seem to Reign for a Year (or Two)
- The Presidential Inauguration Reminded Me of Changing Figure Skating Coaches!
- Why Is the US National Figure Skating Championships Such a Prestigious Competition?
- What Does God Have to Do With the 2017 US National Figure Skating Championships?